Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Africa vs. Afrika

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but lately I have been spelling what is most commonly spelled "Africa" with a 'C' as "Afrika" with a 'K.' I have to be honest and say that I don't know nor have I asked the significance of this spelling. I am using it simply because that is the way that Ketu has spelled it in his correspondence with me and the way it is spelled on TRJE's website. Since I plan to link my project to TRJE's website when it is complete, I feel that I should spell it the way that the ensemble spells it (both out of respect and for consistency).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, I can't help but wonder what people would think if I started spelling America w/ a K like, Amerika? But hey, I spell my name Thom instead of Tom, so who am I to make such an observation? I kind of like mispellings (bad English teacher, bad!)
:-)

Anonymous said...

Malissa,

How's Big Ten country?

I'm curious as to how your Writer's Research project came to the blogosphere. I've seen several other blogs (Doug's, John's, Dr. Amidon's, and Brian's) from the project and see that most of them are new -- was starting a blog part of the project? Actually, instead of taking up your time here, would you please email me so I can research the researchers away from your comments section?

http://deepblog.com/contact.html

thanks,

I think it's an interesting approach to weblogs and I'd like to learn more -- I think others will be interested in it as well.

(I also like the web 2.0 aspect of a project on Research Methods for Professional Writers that investigates the blogosphere in turn being a subject of interest to bloggers. hmmmmmmm.)

thanks again,
Respectfully,
Michael Schaefer