Thursday, February 21, 2008

Project Update

OK, first of all this week I want to give you an update on my project. As saw from my last post, I have been spending time with TRJE. (More about my second week there in a minute.) I really enjoy spending time with the kids. They're really cool. But, that is about as far as my project has gotten. It feels like it is taking forever to get off the ground. Part of the reason for that is that we have not yet gotten feedback on our proposals from Dr. Cain (should get some this week), but now I am also waiting for feedback from one of the leaders of the Ensemble itself. Dr. Cain told us (all of us who are working with TRJE) after class last week that Ketu, the artistic director and co-founder of the Ensemble, had asked (for the first time since she has offered the service learning option for C&C) to see our proposals and offer feedback. Dr. Cain asked our permission to share them with Ketu, and we hope to hear something from him as soon as this weekend. We are not sure what kind of feedback he will give, and Dr. Cain thinks that there is a possibility that he has some ideas of his own for what he would like to see our projects address. Though I am open to going in a new direction, I hope to get some direction soon so that I can really get to work. I'll let you all know as soon as I know.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm really hoping that Ketu can give me some direction, because I need some. I'm not sure what the group needs or what I have to offer the group, but I don't want to impose myself. I want my project to benefit the TRJE kids, and at this point, I have no idea how my project can be beneficial. I'm excited to hear what he has to say.