Thursday, April 17, 2008

Project Update

OK, now that I'm no longer required to post 600 words per week and the actual project is the focus of my time and energy, updates will be tend to be shorter. Still, I will keep them coming until the project is 100% finished. This week has been a very productive one. I not only gave my first presentation on the project, but also got a good start on the website. The site is far from done, but the general form has been decided and pages begun to be put together. I am creating it through a free website creating service called Weebly which does for websites what blogger does for blogs. It has a large number of templates to choose from and a pretty good help page. It's been very easy to use. It also allows you to add a blog to your site like a page, a feature that I'm making use of to describe the project and my experiences with it. The site can be found at www.westafrikanoralliterature.weebly.com. I still haven't gotten a draft of the informational piece down on paper, but all of my information has been gathered. That will be my project for the beginning of next week. I also have all of my stories/poems gathered, and I teach my lesson with the kids of TRJE this Saturday (for real this time!). I think that's all for now. Wish me luck!

No comments: